We are always interested to hear from parents / carers who are interested in a place for their child with us. Please phone the school office for any help or advice with any of the admission details below .
Next Year’s Reception Classes
Here are the key dates for children joining Reception in September 2017.
1st November 2016 - application round opens
15th January 2017 - closing date for applications
18th April 2017 parents notified (by email or letter depending on how you originally applied) of school place
Visits to the school are welcome – please call to arrange.
TO APPLY ONLINE:
1. Visit www.hants.gov.uk/admissions; click the Apply for a school place button and then select Apply for school place for September 2017.
2. When the online form opens you must click the Register button. You will need to register even if you have used the online form in previous years as the system is refreshed each year. You will be asked to enter the postcode of the child’s permanent address so that the system can check that you should be making your application to Hampshire County Council. If your postcode is recognised as being within Hampshire County Council’s administrative area it will allow you to click the continue to register button.
3. Complete your personal information and address details and click the next button. Complete your registration details by providing your email address, creating a password and a secret question and press registration complete.
4. You will be sent an email from the system asking that you click on the link contained within that email and complete the I am already registered and want to log in using your email and password.
5. On the application form, click make a new application, enter your child’s date of birth; click update, and then select the type of application you are making:
Reception Admissions September 2017.
6. Click on No UID and continue with your application.
7. Please continue to follow the onscreen instructions to apply for a maximum of three primary or infant schools. If any of your details (or your child’s) are shown incorrectly, please amend and save them. The system will not allow you to amend your child’s name or date of birth. Please contact the County Admissions Team if they are incorrect.
8. If you any need help with your application please call 0845 603 5623.
PAPER APPLICATION PROCESS:
If you prefer to make an application on paper you can telephone 0845 603 5623 to request a form or call into your catchment school. Information on the HCC website about individual schools is available in printed form as is the information about the application process (A parent’s guide to applying for a school place, School Year 2015/2016). The parent’s guide and information about schools can also be requested on 0845 603 5623. Reference copies of the parent’s guide are available in Hampshire libraries and schools.
Admission to our Nursery - Owls Class
Knights Enham Infant and Nursery School admit children into the owls nursery class the term after they have turned three – providing there are places (for example if your child is three during the summer term 1st April-31st August they would start in our nursery in the September)
We encourage parents to register their interest as early as possible and nearer the time of admission the school will make contact to arrange the sessions, home visits, class visits etc.
For an application form please call in to the school or we can be contacted on 01264 352151.
Here are the key dates for children joining Owls:
- Spring term application deadline: Friday 3rd February 2017
- Summer term application deadline: Friday 12th May 2017
- Autumn term application deadline: October 2018
Admission to our Nursery - Owlets Class
Knights Enham Infant and Nursery School also has a small nursery unit for two year olds called Owlets. We admit children into the class the term after they have turned two - providing there are spaces and they eligible for Early Years Funding.
We encourage parents to register their interest as early as possible. Please contact the school for an application form or to arrange a visit on 01264 352151.
Here are the key dates for children joining Owlets:
- Spring term application deadline: Thursday 2nd March 2017
- Summer term application deadline: Thursday 8th June 2017
- Autumn term application deadline: November 2018
Moving into the area or moving school (in year application)
If you have recently moved into the area or wish to move your child to our school from another local school, Hampshire request that you complete an ‘in year application’ form – this can be collected from the school office or made online at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/education/admissions.htm. The School then submits this to Hampshire Admissions Team for them to confirm that a place can be offered. If a place is available, an offer letter will be sent by the school giving details on how to complete the application process along with an invitation to meet the Year Group Team Leader to discuss your child’s learning and to complete all the necessary paperwork.